Vice President of Product
*This position will be based either in Las Vegas, NV or Bentonville, AR.
The VP of Product partners with executive leadership to assess the effectiveness of the product strategy and development processes while simultaneously supporting the business development practice in the pursuit of new opportunities. They will seek to understand RevUnit’s current market position, identifying opportunities to enhance and differentiate service offerings while delighting clients and end-users by ensuring teams deliver successful products. In addition, it is their responsibility to lead the Product function by establishing a community of practice with clear competency expectations, coaching Directors of Product in the support of their teams and supporting strategic and organic business development activities.
- Define a competitive Product Function strategy and develop best practices
- Ensure creation of client value through servant-leadership and leveraged talent and expertise
- Develop product leadership dedicated to collaborative understanding across disciplines
- Grow existing business through the stewardship of client relationships
- Support new client business in partnership with the Pursuit and Business Development teams
- Support the development and implementation of a competitive product strategy
- Define and evangelize the company’s vision for product development and management best practices
- Support the development of a product team culture that values product strategy and innovation
- Create awareness of and train product teams on fiscal responsibility best practices
- Train product teams on the value of organic business development through product strategy
- Coordinate with Finance and Business Development to build product pricing strategies
Functional Experience & Leadership
- Maintain strong awareness and understanding of industry trends within your function
- In partnership with senior leadership, develop functional best practices and establish training plans
- Collaborate with and train Director leadership to ensure dissemination of the strategic vision
- Track and modify the performance of the function to meet expectations
- Encourage and model cross-functional best practices to ensure optimal partnership
- Establish RevUnit’s thought leadership position on the topic of your function
Product & Service Strategy
- Develop a Community of Practice with the Directors of Product
- Build a strategic focus on #WorkBetter, enabling a feedback loop with the Pursuit team
- Train Directors of Product and teams on the importance of intentional client development
- Support team-led organic business development initiatives by building relationships with senior leaders within organizations
- Provide objective coaching to teams, encouraging and supporting course corrections where necessary
- In partnership with VP functional peers, develop tools and assets that appropriately communicate RevUnit’s technology partnership and product development philosophies
- Evolve and refine the way RevUnit communicates team purpose and value with the goal of setting teams up for success
- Work with leadership and teams to establish financial projections based on existing work
- Own top-line budgets for closed work, ensuring teams are working towards company financial goals
- Work with business development to estimate the financial and resourcing impacts of new work
- Partner with VP Functional Leadership to establish and meet financial goals for the product function
- Partner with Talent Development in executing an engagement and support strategy
- Partner with Talent Development on leadership training and product training modules (badges)
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & CAPABILITIES
- 12+ years of Product management experience in a technology-focused market, ideally in software and mobile.
- Experience in digital strategy and development.
- Experience with executive level client relationship building.
- An inspirational leader who people love to work with.
- Collaborative, curious, humble, entrepreneurial and thrives in a results-focused culture.
- A consummate relationship building and partner who listens and can hear beyond what is said to identify organic growth opportunities.
- Tenacious and relentless, never backs down from a challenge; a superb problem solver who looks for the unexpected answers and is proactive with ideas.
- Immersed and interested in new technology, emerging platforms, and everything in between.
- Flourishes in a fast-paced environment, has a high tolerance for change, and is agile enough to keep pace with the evolution of the business and the demands of growth.
- Highly developed business acumen with solid strategic and analytical skills and has successfully managed a P&L.
- Embodies and reflects the RevUnit culture and values in thought and practice.
- Approachable and kind-hearted - embody our core values of:
- Do what’s right
- Be fearless
- A little better all the time
- I’ve got your back, you got mine
- Celebrate the wins
Since 2012 we’ve been designing world-class digital products, from Enterprise mobile applications to best in class web apps. The mission at RevUnit has always been to inspire our product teams to solve real-world problems. We believe that starts with cultivating an exceptional internal culture. RevUnit has a 97% Employee Net Promoter Score, and is one of the 2016 & 2017 Best Places to Work.
Our office locations include Bentonville AR, Las Vegas NV and St. Louis MO with remote employees across the United States.
Our commitment to our people and culture helps us to be successful in solving our favorite problems, which involve workforce transformation, or the process of innovating for enterprise employees. Our custom apps focus on task management and productivity, communication, engagement and gamification, and learning management systems. Through all of our products, we are ultimately building a platform for brands to connect their people with purpose.
RevUnit is committed to hiring the best people for the job, regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Workplace flexibility - and we mean it!
- Employee health insurance 100% paid
- Employee dental insurance 100% paid
- Employee short-term disability 100% paid
- Employee long-term disability 100% paid
- 401k Program
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Flexible vacation policy
- Hackation policy (one paid trip per year to work from one of RevUnit’s other locations)
- 2-3 company All Hands meetings per year for team-building, training, and strategic alignment at RevUnit HQ in Bentonville, AR
- Employee equity program