Machine Learning Engineer
This is a full-time position based in our Bentonville, Arkansas office. Relocation assistance may be available.
At RevUnit we make a difference by creating applications used daily by thousands and sometimes millions of enterprise employees. We are looking for a Machine Learning Engineer to help support our diverse product development group in bringing new value to our customers to help them work better. Machine learning is an extremely important part of what we do as we move forward, and you will be an important part of helping us identify new opportunities and create solutions that add new kinds of value.
You will apply machine learning to real-world systems, owning features from conception to completion. You will evangelize machine learning both within the organization and externally, helping both groups understand the benefits and how to integrate these technologies into their products. You will report directly to the CTO and will have a significant amount of authority related to technology direction, client opportunities and team growth.
Since 2012 we have been designing world-class digital products, from Enterprise mobile applications to best in class web applications. The mission at RevUnit has always been to inspire our product teams to solve real-world problems. We believe that starts with cultivating an exceptional internal culture. RevUnit has a 97% Employee Net Promoter Score (we’d refer our friends and family to work at RevUnit), and is one of the 2016 & 2017 Best Places to Work.
Our commitment to our people and culture helps us to be successful in solving our favorite problems, which involve workforce transformation, or the process of innovating for enterprise employees. Our custom apps focus on task management and productivity, communication, engagement and gamification, and learning management systems. Through all of our products, we are ultimately building a platform for brands to connect their people with purpose.
RevUnit is committed to hiring the best people for the job, regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- An analytical mind that understands data and models, and the technical background to execute
- Familiarity with machine learning (including deep learning), statistics and data science
- An inherent drive to solve problems, collaborate with others and mentor team members
- 3+ years of software development experience building high performing, scalable applications
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth, ever-changing startup environment
PREFER TO HAVE
- Formal training (BS+) in mathematics, computer science, hard sciences or related field
- Formal training (MS+, Udacity, Coursera, etc.) in a machine learning, deep learning or related field
- Experience with relevant machine learning tools (scikit-learn, TF, Keras, Spark, etc.)
- Experience with relevant SaaS providers (Watson, AWS, Kairos, etc.)
- Demonstrable work in the field (e.g. GitHub, blogs, formal publications, etc.)
EXAMPLE QUESTIONS YOU NEED TO BE ABLE TO ANSWER
- How would you ensure good quality data in a training set?
- How would you partition data for training and validation?
- What is your favorite machine learning algorithm? Why?
- What is the computational complexity of a hash? Why?
- What was the last paper your read? Why was it interesting?
During your interview process you can expect to answer open-ended questions that are more in-depth and over a much broader range of topics, as well as a basic programming practical. Our expectation is that you have a relevant analytical background, a good grasp of the important concepts in the field, and the ability to reason through new problems. You also need to be a constructive team player who isn’t afraid of taking an idea and running with it independently.
- Workplace flexibility and balance
- Employee health insurance 100% paid
- Employee dental insurance 100% paid
- Employee short-term disability 100% paid
- Employee long-term disability 100% paid
- 401k Program
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible vacation policy
- Hackation policy (one paid trip per year to work from one of RevUnit’s other locations)
- 2-3 company All Hands meetings per year for team-building, training, and strategic alignment at RevUnit HQ in Bentonville, AR
- Employee equity program