This position will be based in Bentonville, AR.
The Accounting and Finance department at RevUnit is ready to expand! Join us as the first ever Financial Controller in our fast growing tech company and work closely with our Chief Financial Officer to build out the function and bring increasing strength and sophistication to our accounting and financial management. This is a broad and exciting position, with the opportunity to make contributions across a broad spectrum of activities and shape a rapidly scaling business. This person will wear several accounting and finance hats, as a steward of our resources, an operator to help us maximize our financial performance, and a catalyst for rapid improvements in processes and implementing best and emerging practices.
At RevUnit, we help people #WorkBetter with great tools, technology, and information. We help employees at our client companies love their work lives by providing well designed and easy to use software. We also seek to “eat what we cook” and live #WorkBetter principles internally. This person will play an important part in helping accounting and financial operations, processes, reporting, and insights be a great and seamless experience for our internal team, as well as a positive and relationship-building experience at touch points with our client partners and external stakeholders. We are also looking for ways to incorporate automation and technology into our processes, such that we are able to build efficiency and simplicity into the Finance and Accounting functions from the start.
Come become an integral part of a culture that values having each other’s backs, celebrating our wins, being fearless, doing what’s right, and getting a little better all the time!
The Controller will report to the CFO and performs professional level accounting and financial duties to support the organization.
- Execute our finance and accounting operations, including invoice and expense processing
- Manage our cash flow with careful attention to Accounts Receivable and Payable, in collaboration with our client and vendor partners
- Close the books monthly -- prepare and review accounting entries, reconciliations, financial reporting packets, P&L results presentations, and ad hoc analysis
- Build budgets and forecasts to set targets and help us optimize our financial results
- Provide financial reporting and analysis -- dive deep on financial and business trends to provide actionable insights and management reporting
- Identify and drive process improvements and contribute to exciting projects such as potential new system implementations and reporting tools
- Research and apply technical accounting standards to assure compliance
- Review important documentation such as client contracts and proposals, which includes interpreting contractual terms and understanding the application of our accounting policies
- Manage our internal and external audit processes
- Establish relationships and work closely and harmoniously with external consulting partners on items such as taxes, legal documents, etc.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND CAPABILITIES
- A minimum of 5+ years of accounting experience under your belt backed by a bachelor's degree in accounting and/or finance required; CPA license is highly desirable, and public accounting experience is very valuable
- Strong experience supporting a business or corporate lines of business; theory is good, and we’ll look for you to execute the theory in the most effective way
- Attention to detail and accuracy are critical
- A love for and facility with data and analytics; you’ll be using spreadsheets and data to solve problems, pivot and slice to find insights, and reconcile accounts
- We are looking for someone with enthusiasm to learn the existing process, but then challenge and build it to better scale with the volume of our growth and provide reporting to our business partners
- Be Fearless is one of our core values - our team members ask probing questions, make changes to improve processes, and have fun while doing it all; having a positive attitude and never settling for “good enough” are key
- Experience with Xero or other cloud based financial and ERP systems is a plus. Must have strong spreadsheet and analytical skills (v-lookups, pivot tables, etc.)
- Flourishes in a fast-paced environment, has a high tolerance for change, and is agile enough to keep pace with the evolution of the business and the demands of growth
- Embodies and reflects the RevUnit culture and values in thought and practice; is approachable and kind-hearted and embodies our core values of:
- Do what’s right
- Be fearless
- A little better all the time
- I’ve got your back, you got mine
- Celebrate the wins
Since 2012 we’ve been designing world-class digital products, from Enterprise mobile applications to best in class web apps. The mission at RevUnit has always been to inspire our product teams to solve real-world problems. We believe that starts with cultivating an exceptional internal culture. RevUnit has a 97% Employee Net Promoter Score, and is one of the 2016 & 2017 Best Places to Work.
Our commitment to our people and culture helps us to be successful in solving our favorite problems, which involve workforce transformation, or the process of innovating for enterprise employees. Our custom apps focus on task management and productivity, communication, engagement and gamification, and learning management systems. Through all of our products, we are ultimately building a platform for brands to connect their people with purpose.
RevUnit is committed to hiring the best people for the job, regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Flexible workplace environment - and we mean it!
- Employee health insurance 100% paid
- Employee dental insurance 100% paid
- Employee short-term disability 100% paid
- Employee long-term disability 100% paid
- 401k Program
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Flexible vacation policy
- Hackation policy (one paid trip per year to work from one of RevUnit’s other locations)
- 2-3 company All Hands meetings per year for team-building, training, and strategic alignment at RevUnit HQ in Bentonville, AR
- Employee equity program