Senior Product Owner / PM
*This position must be based in Bentonville, AR or its surrounding area because of client proximity.
Since 2012, we’ve been designing world-class digital products, from Enterprise mobile applications to best in class web apps. The mission at RevUnit has always been to inspire our product teams to solve real-world problems. We believe that starts with cultivating an exceptional internal culture. RevUnit has a 96% Employee Net Promoter Score, and is one of the 2016 Best Places to Work.
Our commitment to our people and culture helps us to be successful in solving our favorite problems, which involve workforce transformation, or the process of innovating for enterprise employees. Our custom apps focus on task management and productivity, communication, engagement and gamification, and learning management systems. Through all of our products, we are ultimately building a platform for brands to connect their people with purpose.
RevUnit is committed to hiring the best people for the job, regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
At RevUnit, our Sr. Product Owners are challenged with solving big, technical problems by leading well-aligned product teams. They champion the product and help define its purpose. The Product Owner serves the product team by helping to define goals and maximize the value of the work. By identifying the best balance of RevUnit capabilities and client needs, defining product roadmaps, and delivering those products over multiple releases, the Product Owner grows long-term client relationships and value.
This is a highly collaborative role, working with clients, designers, developers, product adoption specialists and sales. As a thought leader, the Sr. Product Owner will encourage fresh ideas, perspectives and tooling choices in the pursuit of building the highest-functioning, cross-functional teams possible.
This position is based in our home office in Bentonville, Arkansas. A local presence in the NWA area is mandatory - relocation is not available.
- Champion the products we deliver for our clients - defining and communicating their purpose.
- Lead digital strategy and product-definition activities in order to develop a robust definition of the product. Groom and communicate the product backlog and acceptance criteria
- Own product-related decisions during agile development, including accepting/rejecting user stories (i.e. features). Ensure effectiveness of kickoffs, iterations and retrospectives
- Ensure timely deployment of applications and websites. Monitor and report on current deployments, including recommendations for roadmap updates and new projects
- Independent project and budget management across all owned products
- Contribute to the development of the Product Owner function and champion new tools and processes that increase RevUnit’s efficiency
- Serve as key point of contact for clients and project stakeholders, ensuring they are aligned on key decisions, and that the implications of these decisions are understood
- Support the business development team by helping to define product development plans that are customized for each client, working with Design and Development to identify the specific tools and methodologies best suited for each product
Desired Experience & Capabilities
- Experience in digital strategy and development
- Product management experience in a technology-focused market, ideally in software and mobile
- Strong experience using agile methodologies/scrum, best practices and critical tools. Experience leading, teaching and mentoring in agile a plus
- Demonstrated capabilities in being tech-, business- and ux-savvy
- Experience leading, coaching and mentoring teams that are cross-functional, and working on multi-faceted projects for extended times
- Experience in client-service settings
- You are comfortable with, and able to manage constructively: change, ambiguity, debate, conflict, playfulness, experimentation
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communicator
- You are decisive and open to new ideas
- You are a self-starter, entrepreneurial
- You are a quick learner
- Flexible work/life balance - and we mean it!
- Employee health insurance 100% paid
- Employee dental insurance 100% paid
- Employee short-term disability 100% paid
- Employee long-term disability 100% paid
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Flexible Vacation Policy
- Hackation Policy (1 paid trip per year to work from any of the 4 RevUnit offices)
- 2-3 Company all-hands meetings per year for team-building, training, and strategic alignment
- Employee equity program