Senior Product Designer, UX & UI
About the Job
We are looking for a senior product designer with a solid background in user experience and interface design to join our ranks. Someone who is excited about the chance to make a difference in the lives of users, as we're creating productivity and business intelligence apps that are used by hundreds of thousands - and, in some cases, millions - of employees on a daily basis.
We need someone who understands that design is equal parts form and function. The ability to quickly wireframe, prototype, iterate, and ultimately create beautiful interfaces based on feedback is critical to how we work. User interviews and testing get you excited, and you are constantly validating your assumptions. Our next team member is a self-starter with the ability to keep things moving forward, even in the absence of clear direction. We have established a strong process for identifying, validating, and executing truly innovative work across multiple product teams. Additionally, you enjoy using your experience and expertise to help train and teach others on the team.
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
Since 2012, we’ve been designing world-class digital products, from Enterprise mobile applications to best in class web apps. The mission at RevUnit has always been to inspire our product teams to solve real-world problems. We believe that starts with cultivating an exceptional internal culture. RevUnit has a 96% Employee Net Promoter Score, and is one of the 2016 Best Places to Work in Arkansas.
Our commitment to our people and culture helps us to be successful in solving our favorite problems, which involve workforce transformation, or the process of innovating for enterprise employees. Our custom apps focus on task management and productivity, communication, engagement and gamification, and learning management systems. Through all of our products, we are ultimately building a platform for brands to connect their people with purpose.
RevUnit is committed to hiring the best people for the job, regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- 3-5 years of experience designing digital products
- Teachability and open-mindedness to new ideas (especially if they aren't yours)
- Self-motivation and drive (we're all adults here)
- Pixel-perfect attention to detail
- Ability to roll with the punches and adapt quickly to change
- Strong understanding of the principles of design-thinking
- A solid foundation in user testing and feedback loops
- Ability to create clean, organized files as you work
- Good communication and presentation skills
- The ability to form, communicate, and defend your ideas (while sitting on the receiving end of constructive criticism)
- An empathetic mentality towards aligning user needs with business objectives
- A strong understanding of UX best practices
- Willingness to spend time in and out of office hours on learning/training (nobody knows everything, after all)
- A killer portfolio of work
Nice to Have
- Intimate knowledge of designing with Sketch
- Experience organizing, hosting, and facilitating user interviews and testing sessions
- Cross-functional experience working with compiled languages (SCSS, SASS, LESS, etc.)
- Experience working in a scrum/agile development environment
- Working on amazing product teams on things that matters
- Employee health insurance 100% paid
- Employee dental insurance 100% paid
- Employee short-term disability 100% paid
- Employee long-term disability 100% paid
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Flexible Vacation Policy
- Hackation Policy (1 paid trip per year to work from any of RevUnit's offices)
- 2 Company all-hands meetings per year for team-building, training, and strategic alignment
- Employee equity program